OCP-012: On Getting Cold AF To Boost Immunity & Tap Into Your Automatic Primal Biology
On this freezing episode, we dive into the cold, cold depths of Cold Thermogenesis – otherwise known as taking a cold shower.
There are many, many benefits of exposing oneself to the cold, from immunity boost to oxygen tolerance. We explore all of them in this chilly episode.
Let’s Get Cooooooold!
Cold Exposure Benefits:
- Improves multitude of health markers
- Cardiac function
- Increase HGH
- Lower blood pressure
- Better insulin sensitivity leading to fat loss
- Improve blood flow & vascular system – restriction > expansion
- Reduce inflammation
- Improve recovery & reduced muscle soreness from exercise
- Done in the morning improves focus and attention in the “deep now”
- More energy and focus
- Helps stress reduction through challenging the nervous system
- Improves immunity and defends against cold & flu
- Builds confidence > overcoming a “hard thing”
- Builds resilience to stress and discomfort
- Builds Toughness